View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I don't have your model but will answer the questions that I can.

[1] I think I see in some of the TM website photos that the furnace is under the street side couch in the 3023. What else is under there? Or is there open storage space? Don't know.

[2] I'll need the swing hitch if I want to put a 3023 into my garage. Can you use a WDH (weight distributing hitch) with the swing hitch? Is a specific brand or model required or will any work? Don't know.

[3] We're looking at the 3023 primarily because of the 2 couches. We assume they are better cushioned (i.e., more 'comfy') than the 2619/2720 dinette. Any comments? Don't know but I think they comfy is about all the same though the couches are probably longer then the dinnette.

[4] RE the wardrobe, how do the contents stay in place when the unit rotates to the floor for travel? We never take clothes that require hanging; can it be fitted with containers to hold clothes rather than use the hanging bar? We took wire hangers and hooked them over the bar and then sort of pushed the hanger hook closed with pliers...but the also make special hangers that snap close and some people have cover the bar with different things to keep the hangers from moving. We went 2500 miles round trip and noting came of our hangers...they were all hunting camo clothing, jackets, button up shirts and pants...nothing came off the hanger and the hangers stayed on the bar.

[5] What size is the low profile A/C? Does it sufficiently cool the 3023? The TM website does not specify the size, nor does the brochure I have (which I think is last years). Pretty sure it is 13,500 btu...we are in Florida and it is more then adequate.

[6] For owner's, are you satisfied with the amount of storage in the 3023? Both my wife & I still work so our longest camping trip is maybe 7 days. We also have the bed of the truck (protected by a cap) for overflow storage if needed. Don't have this model so...I don't know.

[7] For those of you with one or both of the hanging cabinets - I assume you hang them "empty" & then stock them with contents. Or do you leave them loaded at all times. We think we'd want both cabinets but we both have back issues so we have a minor concern with lifting them into place once we're set-up at the campground. The cabinets weigh nothing empty...if I have styrofoam plates and bowls, red plastic disposable cups, paper towels, and plastic ware...I can lift and hang it my self. It becomes more difficult if you add the big container of equal, coffee, a couple of your favorite coffee mugs and the large size of Mr. Planters p-nuts.

[8] How functional (usable) is the 17 cubic foot of storage under the back queen bed? What "fits" in there? I am guessing it is similar to what is in a 2720sl....I visited a coule of campers in 2720sls and I saw...towels and linens mainly on the shelf and under it on the floor area of the cabinet...but you could put pots and pans or folded clothing if you wish.

[9] For anyone with the factory power tongue jack, what brand (& weight rating) do they supply? The option goes for $139 so I'm wondering if you can get a better unit (for not much more money) in the after-market. We have one...and love it...it works like a champ! Ours is an Atwood.

[10] For anyone that chose the microwave rather than the oven, are you satisfied with that decision? Is it a decent m/w? I have one but have not used it enough to tell yet.

[11] On the TM website under the 3023 floorplan, if you click on "more photos", they show the 3 drawer dresser which to me implies it as an option. I don't see anywhere it would fit in the 3023 so I'm assuming the options shown here aren't "model specific". Does that make sense? I will have to go look at it at the site.

That's my list of questions for now. Thanks for the help.

Enjoy the journey of the search for you new camper and then enjoy it after it arrives!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote