View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reldma View Post
1. Don't the side wall and curtains get dirty and wet when towing in the rain?
We never experienced any moisture or dirty curtains in all the years we owned our TM, and we covered lots of miles (over 16,000) in all kinds of weather. Didn't get the insides wet, either, setting up in torrential downpours... until I walked into the trailer sopping wet and dripped all over the floor as I took my wet clothes off!!!

Quote:
2. The toilet seems like kind of a pain to dump, because the TM is closed if your not at a full service site. Does it dump as easy as the travel trailers?
As stated by others, it is a simple process if you methodically think through what you're going to do while you close down. For us it was part of our "closing process."

Quote:
3. We visited a camper dealer and they said they use to carry TM's, but had to many service problems with them being out of line. They said there is not enough support for the beds and they move side to side when used and that makes them out of alignment. Fact or Fiction?
Fiction!!! This dealer "used to" carry TM's. There is a reason he no longer carries them, and it is most likely that TM pulled their product from him due to a negative attitude, or maybe worse... he wasn't providing the service they require.

We bought our unit from Dinuba RV when they were still in Dinuba, CA. It is a terrific company to do business with. Other owners in different parts of the nation know of all the good dealers for TM. Stick with their recommendations.

With respect to "what to buy." Only you know what best fits your needs. For us, after owning two different tent trailers for about 12 years, we wanted to get away from the "wet canvas syndrome." We sold our TM after 3 years of ownership because our physical needs changed. So, review what you need, and what you want, and go for it.