View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #18
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reldma View Post
We are looking for a used TM and have been reading the forum and started to wonder how many current owners would buy a second TM.
Yes, Maybe.

Even though we own a great TM, the missus and I have been looking at conventional TTs, but we haven’t found anything that lives up to the TM…..yet. I think owning the TM has set our standards really high.

1st of all, we still want a liteweight trailer. Even though our TV is a full size pickup with a big engine, I just don’t want to be pulling around a 6000 lb. behemoth behind me, especially in the hilly country of western VA. I know people that bought a big trailer, then wouldn’t go anywhere with it, or rented a full time campsite and just parked it…….all because it was a pain to tow. We want to see different places, by towing a liteweight trailer to maximize the gas mileage and minimize the driving fatigue.

That leaves our search to trailers under ~20’ or so. We haven’t found 1 yet that has the counter space of our TM. Some don’t even have a permanent bed…..and our TM has 2, plus a dinette that will make a bed to sleep a total of 6 adults. We have our own bed, the dog gets his own big bed …..and all of that without breaking down the dinette table.

We can’t find a conventional TT with a lot of windows. Our TM has 11 windows, all that open. With the awning and gravel guards up, you can open 5 windows when it is raining…..some trailers we have looked at don’t even have 5 windows total.

And it is hard to find all of the little extras in just 1 conventional TT……dual gas bottles with automatic switch-over, a place for a 2nd battery, an oven, a 3 way fridge, heavy duty stabilizer jacks, and many other pluses.

Of course, the TM has some downsides. High beds, low & small fridge, a little bit of additional set-up and take-down time, low cabinets, and things that can go wrong with the lift system. But so far, these small minuses are greatly outweighed by all of the many positive aspects of the TM. We will continue our search for the “perfect” TT because it is fun to look, and maybe we are confirming that our TM is as close to perfect as it gets for us.

Chap