View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
Doug W.

I will definately buy another TM when it is time to replace my TM, The only thing I might do different is get a 3326 King instead of the 3124KS if I could find a good deal on the 3326 King. I really do not need the larger trailer, but I think the dinette would be nice to have in addition to the living room I have on the 3124KS. Here are some reasons I would choose to buy another one.

1. I actually stumbled onto the TM after looking at Hi-Lo trailers. A friend had one when I was young and I thought it was a nice design. I could only tow the Hi-Lo trailers where the dinette made into a bed and not the one with the permanent bed with my present tow vehicle. I do not want to have to make the bed every night. I also normally go to sleep after my wife and I am up before her. By the time she gets out of bed, I normally have breakfast ready or at least her coffee.

2. To tow a trailer in the size range of the TM, I would need a larger tow vehicle with the corresponding drop in gas milage. You also take a bigger hit on gas milage pulling a normal travel trailer or 5th wheel.

3. Take a look at the other travel trailers. Many of them use MDF, particle board or plywood. I have seen more than one travel trailer with wood rot problems. That is what impressed me about TM and part of the reason they cost more. It is mainly aluminum with insulation between in the newer ones. Aluminum does not rot.

4. I have had tent trailers. We are getting older and will be retiring in the next 5 to 8 years. We wanted a hard sided trailer with a full bath. My dad had a travel trailer when I was young. There is not that much of a difference in setup and take down time.

5. The TM always generates interest. I have met a number of people who wanted to see the inside. I have also had a couple people offer to help set it up. One of the people had seen ran across the website and just want to see how hard it was and what it was like inside. He was impressed.

6. I would have to check my drive to see if the 3326 King will make it past the transision in my lower driveway. I think it will be okay, since it has the dual axle. I have to put a 2x10 in the transision, so my 3124KS will not scrap. A normal 31 foot trailer might not make it without scrapping. I have about 2 - 3 feet to spare for the 3124KS in length. I could do the 3326 King, but it is actually less that 30 feet long when opened. A doubt a trailer longer than about 31 to maybe 32 feet would fit.

I guess I could buy a new house and a new tow vehicle, but then I could not afford the new travel trailer or the gas to tow it.