View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default TM Purchase/Final Inspection

You'll no doubt get a lot of responses to this one. I've seen this question come up pretty regularly.

We have a 2002 model so I'm not sure if everything is relevant to your proposed purchase, but this is what I would check:

Make sure the front and rear "shells" go up and down smoothly. The torsion bars (allow you to lift the shells) can be adjusted, but if they're bent or otherwise damaged, you're probably looking at some $$$ repairs at a TrailManor dealer.

Operate all the appliances - stove, refrigerator (on AC, DC, and propane). Check the furnace. Check the AC if so equipped, check the water pump. And make sure you check the operation of the toilet (does the electric pump circulate the water/chemical) - sings o leakage?. The trailer will have to be hooked to at least electric, preferably a water supply as well.

Lift seat cushion and look for signs of water leaks.

Hook the TM up to your TV and make sure all the lights are operating. Having stored the TM indoors is an important factor. This reduces the corrosion potential for brake lights, clearance lights, etc.

Make sure the leveling jacks are present, and work.

I'm sure I've left something out, but this should get you started. Hope the acquisition works out for you. TrailManors are fun for the very reasons that you have already mentioned.

PS: Check the NADA price guides for RV's to see if the selling price is reasonable for this unit.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote