View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
Michael

Update: My wife and I met with our local dealer today and we are now the proud parents of a 2007 2720SD!! As Bill indicated above, and at least this dealer confirmed, all of his "floor stock" is ordered with the lift kit. Since he had both a 2006 and the new 2007 2720SD model, he also showed us a few of the improvements made between the years. The nicest to us was the upgraded cabinets and the exterior door latch. The dealer had the 2720SD fully set up when we arrived. He demonstrated how to prepare the trailer for towing and then turned to us and said "Well, I hope you were watching; I want you to set it back up." I was amazed that my wife and I had it set back up in about 5 minutes and only "forgot" to set the locking pins on the dinette. THAT is what sold us. Now I need to install a brake controller and purchase a WDH. I do have a couple of questions for the forum members; The salesman indicated that his dealership will not sell or install sway control for units with a swing tongue. Something about interference with proper mounting. I was hoping to use a dual cam sway control. Has anyone in the forum installed a dual cam control on a swing tongue? And my second question is that there is a latch on the back of the hanging cabinet over the sink. The salesman didn't have a clue as to what that was for. We looked for a place that maybe it was locked down for transport, but didn't see one. Would anyone know what that latch is for? Thanks in advance. (Excited new owners!)