Thread: Shower?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

DH is 6'3" and loves our TM shower. He says that he can stand up straight and use the shower (I just asked him). We switched to "commercial" fabric shower curtains, and cut them off a bit. They billow out better than vinyl curtains and don't cling to us. Ours came with sewn-in weights at the bottom that keep the bottoms in the tub. You can do various things to keep them close to the solid walls; just read the posts on this board and use your imagination.

The shower also has the blessings of our 18 yo daughter (long hair, loves 20 min showers at home) and me.

We do often take advantage of the showers at campgrounds when they are available, but sometimes it's much nicer to take a shower in your very own TM, even though it is a bit cramped, compared to your home bathroom. Especially good when there is a huge line for the showers...and you want to check out and leave.

After all, look at what you'll be towing! How big is the TM, closed down, compared to your master bath? And there are 2 to 3 beds, and a kitchen. There have got to be some trade-offs if you want good gas mileage and the ability to tow without a huge TV. I look at these people who haul these huge 5th wheels around, and just shake my head...I'm sure that they enjoy them, but they're not for us.