Thread: TM vs Hi-Lo ??
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
Bill & Lisa

Default Permanent Bed

One other thing to consider with the hilo is that they do not have a permanent bed until you get to the 27' or larger size. Smaller than that you are breaking down the dinnette to make the bed and vice versa. DW also didn't like the arrangement of the Kitchen with the refridg all the way at the other end of the room from the stove and sink. Not a good "triangle" in her book. The expanda room is nice. We own a 2006 TrailManor 3023. The 2006 HiLo TowLite 2706T weighs in at an UVW of 4479lbs according to their website. (the 2806C - Classic weighs 7000#s!) The Approximate dry weight on my TM is 2915 lbs. My TV is a Chevy Trailblazer. I could not tow either of the HiLos that I would be interested in with the Trailblazer but I can easily tow the 30ft TrailManor. So although we considered a HiLo we rejected it without ever seeing one in person but soley on what we found on their website because it didn't meet our desires. What make and model meets your desires/needs. Personal preference will determine what trailer is best for you.

Bill