View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
BrigCA61

It took us a couple weeks to outfit ours to our specific needs once we got the trailmanor home. You'll need bedding, dishes or paper plates, and various other kitchen utensils - take a long lighter too for lighting the stove and campfire. We also have a battery operated fan for the fridge to keep the temperature even as well as an exterior thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature which is almost essential in my opinion if you want to keep lettuce and other delicate foods from freezing (both very inexpensive and can be found at CampingWorld - I bought mine on eBay). Television if you want it (we also have DishNet). Toiletries for the bathroom as well as Thetford recirculating toilet chemicals and toilet paper specific for RV toilets (CampingWorld or Walmart). For the exterior we like to use a water filter which fits between the freshwater hose and the TM. Flashlight, chalks, leveling blocks, ball hitch grease, hitch lock and TV mirrors are essential! I'm sure I missed a lot of other things but this is all I can think of off hand. You might want to visit a local campground/rv park with full hookups and a Walmart nearby on your first time out just so you can get a good feel for everything and buy the necessary items as need be.

You'll need a weight distribution bar and a brake controller fitted to your tow vehicle prior to towing which your dealer can assist you with. Most of us here recommend the Prodigy Brake controller as being the most efficient and reliable and cost effective... this is what we have.

If you have never camped before, you might want to perhaps try renting a small camper or RV before buying to get a feel of the whole experience. Just remember that it will be hard to compare what you rent to a TM.

Brigitte