View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #12
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I'd have to agree with Bob R...it looks like it needs a lot of tlc and I'd offer a very low amount as well. It makes me sad to look at the pictures - DH and I are suckers for fixer uppers, but we've done too many at this point in our lives.

I would bet that the corner has rotted out wood, and some of the other corners too. The side flaps (that seal up the outside from the inside) need to be replaced, the inside molding is falling down, the TV antenna has some wire hanging down that is supposed to go? and there is no a/c that I can see either, can't tell much else from the pictures, but it makes me suspect that there could be more problems from the general state that it's in.

I don't think that the cost of the corner replacement material would be substantial, but if you have questions, you could call the TM factory. They are very nice and helpful.

It looks like it is going to take a lot of time and some money to get it ready to go (if you do the work yourself). Do you really want to buy a project, or something to camp in right away? If you really want a project, I'd go look at it, and consider everything, from top to bottom, that will need to be replaced and fixed. Make a list and then really think about it.

I'd be inclined to go look at it, if you have the time, and then you will have a better idea of what kind of shape it's in. The pictures definitely show a lot of deferred maintenance. If it's just the corner, and some cosmetics, then it wouldn't be that much work, but if it's everything else too.....