View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Wow, you're only talking about 1.5 inches of clearance (3.5 cm), so about 3/4" on each side. If that really is the clearance, I would think you would be fine, as the trailer can be strapped to the floor. But I would call the factory, describe your plan, and ask them to take some VERY detailed measurements, emphasizing that fractions of an inch are critical. They may even need to leave off things like marker lights, which are probably about 1/2" thick, as they may not be included in their measurements.

And if they say it will fit, I think I would be inclined to tell them that I would purchase only if they guarantee it will fit. They can get a container brought to the factory for a test fit, or take a trailer to a warehouse to do it there (such as the one where your freight forwarder is located). They may charge you a bit for their time to do it, and rightfully so, but it would be money well spent.

Dave

Conversation does not indicate the factory is involved with the purchase. OP says he will buy in LA. Possibly used or dealer unit. If dealer unit, I would make it priority as you've mentioned to size it accurately contingent of sale.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote