View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
MudDog
TrailManor Master

We towed our 2619 with an '02 Sienna for the first year we had it and probably put 10,000 + miles on it including a trip to Yellowstone, multiple trips to Utah and several trips over the grapvine on I5.

We had a WDH and I also installed Airlift 1000's to give a little extra support on the rear suspension. Airbags aren't a license to over load the TV, but they did give a better ride and helped level out the Sienna a bit without having to over-torque the WDH (I took off one link on the WDH after the Airlift 1000's were installed).

For us, power was never an issue. It was more about control and stopping, especially in emergency situations. The Sienna felt small.

My kids are growing every day and the accessories we wanted to take with us grew as well. Between two adults, two kids a dog and a few other things in the back of the Sienna, we were pushing the cargo capacity of the Sienna (to get to the 3500lb tow rating, there isn't much room for anything in the tow vehicle).

We towed once or twice with some water in the fresh water tanks - there was a significant difference in how the Sienna behaved with that extra weight.

We've had the Tacoma since last fall and the 6500lb tow rating and cargo capacity make the experience a lot better. We still have to watch the weight of the TM due to the TM axle/tire ratings, but we can load up the back of the truck with everything we need without having to worry.

Can you tow with a Sienna? Yes....but you'll be severely limited on what you can bring with you.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote