View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
MiniMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Particle board? Isn't that the glue and wood ship product that when it gets wet kind of goes to pieces?
It's the same walls that's in all the TM models. Has that tannish colored wallpaper or whatever on it. The walls don't feel heavy enough to be MDF and since I've seen particle board elsewhere on the trailer, I'm assuming they used it everywhere but the cabinet doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
The toilet should be 12 volts DC. No worry there. But the 120 volt AC in a wet area that could be sprayed with water? That sounds not too bright.
Yep, not great thinking here. If you look at photos like this here of a 19RD, which is the same bath as the 18L (scroll down a bit to see bath): http://customrvsales.com/customrvinc-kzrv_035.htm you can see where the outlet is....right under the sink and it's NOT even GFCI. I plan on seeing if I can put one of those exterior outlet covers on it.

I think I'm going to try the vinyl curtain with mesh pockets for now, but I'm still going to investigate a more permanent solution like maybe applying a rubber coating or membrane to the 2 walls?