View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #7
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Thanks all for your comments.

My wife made it quite clear that a new recirculating toilet it would be. The main factor was cost, as long as I can get one. And honestly, for what we paid for our trailer, it would be sad that an incinerating toilet cost almost as much.

Bill, as for smell from an incinerating toilet, I have only heard one comment regarding that. I don't know if people didn't go outside to check for odor, or if the technology is that much better these days. The modern incinerating toilets heat the waste up to at least 1000°F. I read that most offensive smells occur during the first few minutes when the liquid waste boils off. BUT, having never used one, I can only rely on what people say. A lot of people found the recirculating toilet offensive. We can tolerate it quite nicely, and my wife is Asian who grew up camping in motels. Moving to a trailer was a big step for her! (I sold her on camping in the middle of a lavender farm)

Dave, I read that several people switched from composting toilets to incinerating toilets because the composting toilets had quite a smell too. Again, I'm only going by what I have read.

KidKraz, I would only use a tote in difficult circumstances where there were no hookups.

Honestly, as long as there isn't much smell, an incinerating toilet makes sense in my mind for boondockers if waste disposal is difficult. However, venting restrictions may make this option unworkable as a factory option.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote