Thread: New Floor
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie & Nick View Post
Not sure if I got the "image shrinking" thing right, but here goes.

I was not a big fan of carpeting in the TM 2619, so I decided to tear it out and replace it with laminate flooring (similar to 'Pergo'). While I was at it, I also tore out the vinyl flooring.

The laminate went in pretty easily after I removed the lower cabinet doors to allow some additional 'maneuvering' room. Laminate it typically installed as a 'floating' floor, so there was no adhesive, or nails used.

Luckily there was enough clearance for the refrigerator door, so I didn't have to do anything special, other than cutting out for the door hinge mechanism.

I took a bit of a "hit" on the weight issue. The weight of the 2 1/2 boxes of laminate used was about 90 lbs - so minus the weight of the carpeting and tile previously removed, I probably added 80 pounds to the trailer weight. If I were to do this again I'd use thinner laminate which weighs less.

Anyway, we're pretty happy with the way the job came out. The laminate floor is much easier to keep clean than carpet, we sweep it clean with a broom and occasionally use a 'Swifter' mop to remove any marks.

I love the look of this flooring...did you also recover the sofas?
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote