View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_A View Post
We were there the last week of August; Manitou Springs, in a small rental house near the entrance to Garden of the Red Rocks, ..ermm, Gods. A strong wave of storms rolled thru during our 2nd last day. When the cloud cover lifted, whilst drinking "sweet tea"* on our deck, we noted that the top 3000 feet or so of the Peak was mottled white with snow. Air temp at 6300 feet had gotten down to the mid 50's. The Peak had to have been near 20 deg. F. Next morning the Peak was snowless.

No useable pics to show, but yours are very, very good! May I copy them and show my adult children(via email) why they need to visit "The Springs" area?

Denny_A
*Just kidding. Scotch rocks, actually
Appreciate the compliment...feel free to copy the photo files and send to your family members!

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote