View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default Satisfactory Response from TM Factory

Here are the recent messages between me and the TrailManor factory, regarding improper installation of the Thetford Recirculating Toilet on our 2006 2720SL:

(September 11, 2006)
Good morning Paul,

I am sorry for not responding to your previous email. I did forward it to our engineers and our production personnel for the review and comment. I also researched if you camper may have had work done at the dealer prior to delivery to you. We have found none to this date. There may be a small amount of silicone used to hold the gasket in place for installation but there is no reason for the amount that is shown in your pictures. We have other toilets removed for various reasons but have never encountered this type of problem. We believe this is an isolated case that may have been done unintentionally or it could have be malicious.

We do appreciative you bringing this problem to our attention. Please contact me at 800 707-7061 and we can discuss this in further details.

Ed Lytle
TrailManor Inc.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My previous post to Ed:
(September 9, 2006)
Hi, Ed!

I haven't heard any more from you since Aug. 30. Did you get the e-mail from me with the pictures of the toilet gasket problem?

I got a replacement gasket for the bottom of the toilet from Thetford last week. Thoroughly cleaned the top of the blackwater pipe and flange, then re-installed the toilet. Didn't use any silicone or other sealant between toilet gasket and floor hardware, since this is what caused all the previous problems.

Pressure-tested the connection yesterday, by filling the toilet until FULL and pulling slide valve on bottom of toilet, leaving outside, blackwater drain valve closed. No leaks. Went outside and opened the blackwater drain valve. Toilet drain in about three seconds! No leaks.

I believe I have resolved the problem created by improper installation at the TrailManor factory, described in previous messages. We will be attending the Appalachin TrainManor Owners rally in Asheville, NC next week and are looking forward to another TrailManor adventure!

I had told TrailManor Owners Forum folks who contacted me that I would let them know what action TrailManor factory had taken regarding the problem I was having and which may also be a problem for other TM owners. Your response would be appreciated, so I can close out my comments on the TM Owners Forum. Over 200 people have viewed the postings on this topic, by me and other folks.

Have a great week!
+++++++++++

Closeout remarks: I am satisfied with the outcome and with Ed's coordinating the review at the factory. Now, it's time to go camping again!

Happy Trails!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote