View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There should have been a manual in the blue notebook that you got with the camper. If you don't have a manual for the unit, I strongly suggest that you go online at AirXcel.com and get one. All appliance manufacturers make manuals available on line - you just have to go after it. Look for sections called SUPPORT or something similar, and drill down to it using the unit's name or model number.

No need to take off the entire unit. You should be able to drop the inside panel - grilles, etc, quite easily. I think that this will give you access to the fan and the sheet metal around it. If not, you will have to start from outside, on the roof, and work down.

You can get at most of the innards by climbing onto the roof and taking off the shroud. The shroud is probably held in place with Phillips screws, so take at least a #2 Phillips screwdriver. When you put the screws back, I suggest a drop of blue thread locker on each. Shrouds sometimes blow off in travel, and they are expensive to replace.

If you go onto the roof, take a couple 2' x 2' squares of plywood, masonite, etc. and use them to spread your weight. The roof is pretty tough, but why take chances?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote