View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Which then brings up the question.

How do you recharge those 18 volt batteries from the 12 volt batteries on the TM or in the tuck. Or do you always take your generator with you? I have no shore and no shore power.

If I deflate 8 truck tires and 4 trailer tires to drive in the sand, will that charger air up all 8 truck tires to 75psi plus my TM and ATV trailer tires?

How long do you think it would take to air up 8 truck tires from around 30-40 psi to 75 psi?

I'm interested in covering the situation where I drive in sand with very low pressure and then get on a freeway.

Those small air compressors take forever to fill a tire. The one that I have says it will fill a 13" car tire to 30PSI in 8 minutes (ya.....right). If it does fill that tire in 8 minutes, it will take about 20 minutes per tire to take your truck tires from 30# to 75#. If you have 8 tire, you'll be there for about 2 1/2 hours. It may be slightly less if you have a large mini-compressor but a mini- compressor is a mini-compressor and they just are not designed for what you are talking about.

If you have all that off-road stuff, you may want to invest in a generator and a 110V compressor with a 2hp motor and 8-10 gal tank......like this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40400
Even that compressor will take a while to do the job that you are asking.