View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I very much appreciate the responses. I will weigh everything in order so that I get it right. I would sure hate to break something expensive, or worse have or cause and accident by not making sure I was as safe as I could be. It does make me wonder how many of my fellow campers at the camp grounds have a forum or such to get information, and if they use it. I am not one to just blindly go forth hoping for the best.
I applaud your perspective.

I also participate in the rv.net forums. It makes me shiver every time I see someone post yet another:

"How much over weight are you?"

I am not part of the "weight police". But, I do believe there is a difference between choosing to be a little overweight knowingly versus blindly.

I am quite likely under the weights that I posted previously. I weighed it when it was all new to me. I intentionally loaded it with everything I could think of to represent the worst case scenario. For that trip I took all kinds of things that I did not need. I took them because there was a CAT scale on the way.

I do not have very much motivation to weigh it again, unless something substantial occurs. Like buying an ATV and a motorcycle for the back of the truck. That might put me over my TV limits.