View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #12
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post

I just looked at Wayne's link (listed above) to a different forum post on his setup. Wayne is doing with his load with what I am doing with the WDH. He has put a lot of the camping supplies on the back seat of his truck, which would put some weight back on the front axle. I betcha that generator is to the front of the bed also, again weighing down the front end some. He has figured out how to negate the need for the WDH by maximizing his load placement. Plus he has the HD package, which is essentially a 3/4 ton truck suspension.

Chap
Apparently, without thinking about it very much, I have applied some knowledge for my high school and university physics courses.

Chap is right, I load as much heavy stuff as far forward in the tV as I can. The generator and gas is in the front of the bed. Ice chests are either in the back seat or front of the bed.

Extra stuff in the TM is as far back as I can put it. With 40 gallons of fresh water under the font dinette seat, I do not have much risk of too light of a TM tongue.

I, too, encourage everyone to weigh their rig. I never determine the tongue weight or the eight of the truck by itself. I only weighed the whole thing when fully loaded.

Anyone that has never weighed there TM and TV is just guessing. If I was that good at guessing then I would play roulette more often.