View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Sent my daughter off on her camping trip last week with frozen bell pepper casserole (a meal in itself), the frozen 1/2 of the enchiladas and rice I had made a couple of days before, she took hot dogs, tortillas & cheese for quesadillas plus some frozen chicken tenders to cook on the BBQ. She will probably make some Thai concoction with peanut sauce.

My next menu for our camping trip includes a package of ribs that I bought on sale at Safeway last week for $5 (we froze them), BBQ's chicken thighs (we cook them ahead of time while we cook something else and freeze them, they cook well on our big BBQ but are too greasy to cook on the little one), a half of a quiche that we bought in a two pack from Costco, ate one half and froze the other half, will also bring along some quality chicken sausages (bought on sale and frozen) to add here and there or for lunch, and one night we will go out to get hamburgers at one of our favorite hamburger places where we like to camp.

We usually bring along a couple of small steaks, come chicken beast, hamburgers, etc. The chicken breast is easy to cook and you can do a lot of different dishes with it. If there's leftover steak we make burritos.

Papa Murphy's take and bake pizzas cook very well in our TM oven, too. You can bring one along, they fit in the TM frig.