View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 07:23 PM   #6
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Hi Bill. That’s what I’ve got. I’ve ordered a pair of Lippert self-adjusting brake assemblies. No way I wanted to mess around with just replacing the shoes! Did that on my old Mustang years ago and it was a pain! So 4 nuts and washers?…. I’m a happy camper! And I’ve got about 5 days to get the old ones off.. just in case they’re a little stubborn after 15 years. Lots of time to work on that spare tire rack. Head into town to one of the welding shops. And I can set all the struts to vertical while I wait too! And get half of my tools out of the trailer and back home where they belong. Lots to do while I wait for the brake parts.

I’ve got the drums and bearings at home and I’ll give them a good clean up and inspection and repack them tomorrow. They look new. Almost no sign on the spindle that anything was ever there. And since there was absolutely no movement on the wheels, I thought I would leave well enough alone and just clean and repack. I have new seals coming too. Hope to have everything all back in place by end of next week. Once everything is back together, I’ll take it out to seat the shoes and give her a bit of a dry run for a half hour.