View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenda View Post
The problem is my driveway is on an incline, therefore there was too much pressure on the ball hitch. I chocked the wheels and tried moving the truck back and forth to releive the pressure, but still could not release the locking mechanisim. I eventually just pulled the pin at the receiver at the truck and lift and pulled away leaving the ball hitched. Any suggestions on hitching and un-hitching on an inclined (not too steep) driveway. Thanks Dan
It sounds like you're either not getting enough 'lift' to clear the ball mount, or the ball locking mechanism is not moving freely.

If the ball is not dropping down even now, when you're disconnected from the trailer, I'd suspect that something is not working correctly with the hitch locking mechanism. You might try lubricating the mechanism with WD 40 to see if you can loosen it up. Spray it well and let it sit for a half hour. I assume you're using the correct sized towing ball (?). Let us know the outcome of this 'predicament' - I'm quite interested in case this should happen to me!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote