View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #10
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P and B View Post
Chap,

I think we're going to do a short weekend trip next weekend so I'll get another shot at it. While we're at it, I'm going to take it up to my tire place for balancing. Get that out of the way. BTW are there any tricks for keeping the tires in good shape while the thing is just sitting there? I know that sometimes tires go out of round or develop a flat spot. Of course I'm afraid of the answer...hitch it up and move it occasionally ;-)

Phil
The tire balancing is a good idea.....the tire dealer had to add a bunch of weights to get my tires balanced.

Hitching up and moving occasionally is a good option, althougth that is usually inconvenient. When I park mine for the winter, I park on boards to keep the tires off of the pavement. I also recently bought tire covers, to keep the sun from deteriorating the rubber. I also make sure the tire pressure is kept up, so the sidewalls don't flex too much. I am not sure letting the air out of the tires is a good idea, unless you do take the weight off by the jacks. wmtire....suggestions????

BTW P&B.....great avatar!!! If y'all could get the TM down that winding road (driveway?), y'all shoudn't ever have a problem backing.

Chap