View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #22
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Having towed our 2720SL through the Colorado a few times going out West and seeing family in Lafayette, CO, I recommend getting the largest tow vehicle you can. We camp quite a bit with our TM and have a 17' canoe, bikes, a rocket box and one kid. But, he likes to take a friend or two camping, so you need to figure in the 'stuff' teens need to take as well. We also dry camp from the east coast out west and like to carry a full tank of water so we can stop Wal-Marts or Sam's Clubs each night and be fully self contained. If you figure the weight of the water, a precharged toilet, food and the big kid toys, the weight adds up. But that's just my two cents. We also are big into Boy Scouts and Venturing (co-ed Scouting) and use our TM quite a bit for that as well a family camping. It also doubles as my office once a year during camp (I'm a volunteer Camp Director). We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our TM and found a great deal on a used one for one third the price of new. Our friends from church also recently purchased a used one as well. It's a great 'second home'.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote