Thread: TM insurance
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
Martin

Default To insure or not to insure...

Happy holidays to everyone and thank you for your replies. My Dad always told me that insurance was a good thing and money well spent. It looks like all of you agree. We did insure the trailer with our car carrier, Farmers, for $365 a year. Looks perhaps like we could get a better rate with a different insurer, depending on coverage. Will check into that when the next premium comes due.
I have another question I'd like to ask you all. We are new to trailering and have been on the road for three weeks now, currently in Mohave in the California desert. We just went through that huge rainstorm that blew in from Hawaii and dumped for several days. we waited out the storm in Palm Springs but didn't escape the deluge. Many roads got washed out there and our trail manor sprang several leaks, most notably around the exhaust fan housing and the inside bracket anchoring an antenna leg. I bought some 100 percent exterior silicone for roof patch repair but I noticed that there is rubber molding around these vents on the rooftop. Should the molding be replaced or do you think the addition of caulking around them with silicone is a good idea?
Also we have been experiencing heavy condensation on the inside of the trailer during inclement weather. water beads around the roof and window seams and on the metal walls at each end of the trailer. Is this normal?
Otherwise we are settling in to our new trailer and enjoying it very much. We have already cooked some nice meals in the oven, which works great, as do the other appliances. We are using swimming noodles to seal in the warmth at nights, which are cold during the winter even in the desert. Any other keeping warm tricks we should look into?