View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roned2 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a while and have finally decided to take the plunge. We are a couple in our late fifties with no trailer pulling experience. On top of that, I am not mechanically inclined. Is there a lot of must do maintenance with the Trailmanor? We live in Canada so routine jobs like wheel bearings, hitch maintenance etc, will have to be done by our local trailer place. We have no dealerships in our part of the country- Ontario.
I would like to see a Trailmanor at a camp site. We are presently in Northern Florida- St. Augustine. Is anyone going camping during the next 5 weeks in our area? Are we crazy to consider a Trailmanor with no towing experience and a lack of mechanical skills? Thanks for any replies. This has been a very useful site but there seems to be so much that can go wrong from closures to wheel problems.

Since the Trailmanor has more working parts than a traditional travel trailer, there can be a little more involvement in the adjustments needed to keep it operating correctly, but I think you will find any solutions to problems on this forum. But for the most part, most of the mechanic aspects of the Trailmanor and appliances will be present on any travel trailer that you buy. As far as the no trailer pulling experience, the Trailmanor is probably an excellent start, as you don't have to be as concerned with sway like a conventional travel trailer.

Since you are in Fla. now, and live in Ontario, I would be glad to give you a grand tour of our Trailmanor if you haven't found 1 by the time you head back north. I live about 1 hour off of I-81, which seems to be 1 of the main travel routes for that migration.

Chap