Thread: AC in the Rear
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3 View Post
Yeah to go camping in the southeast in the summer - it's AC running 24/7.

I have camped all my life. Some of my best early memories involve camping out as a small child with my family. Most of that camping has been on the West coast and in places like Yellowstone or Glacier NP.

About 12 years ago we bought an overhead camper. The next summer I took the DW to see Carlsbad Caverns. That is where I learned what camping out means for folks who don't camp: a. Near the ocean. b. In the mountains. It was miserable. All we had for cooling was a small, maybe 8" electric fan that we put at our feet in the upper bunk with the little window open. Plus we slept on top of the covers.

As we camped around in Texas during the next week or so, it was the same thing. At a place called something like "Schlitterbad" near San Marcos we saw people just standing in the river doing nothing just to escape the humidity.

I should have known this...we used to sleep on my grandad's screen porch in East Texas and listen to the tree frogs sing when I was a little kid

When we returned home the first thing I did was to have a Coleman a/c installed on the roof. Problem solved...but only with hookups.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote