View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #12
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
My TV is also a 6-cylinder 4runner, from the same 'generation' of 4Runner technology. (A 2007 'Sport' V6). My average gas mileage in daily driving is only 18, mostly due to living in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Towing my TM-2619, in trips to and through the mountains, I usually get about 15 mpg. I am also a pretty aggressive driver, and I tow at higher highway speeds than you do.

With a 2619 or 2720, you'll probably see the same percentage of mileage loss that I do, rather than my lower number. My loss in towing is about 18%, getting 82% as many miles per tank. If you're now getting 21 MPG, that would be about 17.2 MPG while towing my Trailer in your terrain, with your less aggressive driving style.

My 2619 is a custom-built heavy-weight, it's more like a "short" model 3124 in many respects. Unless a 2720 owner adds a lot of solar panels or a bike rack, a 2720 will almost always weigh less than my 2619.
Thanks for this! Hard to compare apples to cucumbers! I love my 4Runner (428K kms and going strong) and the V6 is plenty big for pulling even my BF (about 3200 lb loaded). It's nice to know I could do fair bit better on gas than I am right now if I got into a TM (the 2720 seems like a good fit for me).

Not going anywhere this year no matter what I have - doing the front axle brakes on the BF before she goes anywhere, and some home repairs are taking up a chunk of the "disposable" income (when you're on a pension, there isn't really much disposable income ). So I have a lot of time to decide which way I want to go. Perhaps the right TM, at the right price, will fall into my lap, or at least come by so I can take a look.
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote