View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:36 AM   #11
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Thank you to everyone for all of the comments! Regarding the "ease of opening" issue, I was somewhat skeptical of the one-handed opening being the rule rather than the exception. I am definitely "of a certain age" but pretty fit (I do my own oil, tires, etc, am in the process of re-siding the skirt of the house) so strength is probably not going to be a huge issue. I tend to arrange my travel plans to arrive wherever by 5 pm latest (I like to be able to sit around and relax outside before having to pack it in for bed) so arriving in the dark isn't probably going to be an issue - backing in in the dark would be a FAR bigger problem than setting it up, for me at least. And rain, is rain. Once you're soaked through in 5 minutes, doesn't really matter if it takes 15 to set up.

I have a relatively small upright with my 19' Bigfoot, but the problem is the wind resistance. The Casita, or Scamp or Escape would likely be less of a problem (not as wide or as tall as the BF) but still an issue.

An looking at the bathroom and bed scenarios, I agree that the TM is a far superior choice - I want a decent bed, and need a proper bathroom, so that might eliminate the Aliner, unless I find just the right one.

I am looking at my options, and considering how much travel I would actually do in a year. Generally only one major trip every couple of years (might make it once a year if gas goes back down into the realm of realistic!). I might be better to stick with the BF and eat the gas. Would love to get into a TM just to see what it's like in there, and check out the set-up/take down process. I think there are a few up here, but all seem to be back east.

So thanks again for all of the help. You have given me a lot of good information and a lot to consider. Cheers from BC Deb
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote