View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:23 PM   #10
OCfamily

Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions and input. My wife and I frequent this forum quite a bit before we seriously considered buying a TM. The cross country road trip would be nice, but we have a 1 year old and a 3 year old so that becomes quite prohibitive. As for the 2619, we will be towing with a 2013 toyota sienna with towing package. I've read quite a bit of discussion regarding that as a TV (I'll spare everyone another discussion)...I have a 800 lbs wdh with sway control and tekonsha p3 ready to go. Because of our TV, we feel we are pretty much limited to the 2619 or 2720 model. We don't mind the smallest model as it fits our family needs...for now. And we live in an hoa complex so the TM would need to fit in the garage. So far my measurements puts this particular TM very tight in the spot where I'm thinking of putting it. The garage sits on a steep driveway, again another discussion at a later date.

As for the dealership, I've read all the reviews and agree that with such a large dealership that they'll be some unhappy customers but overall they have been good to deal with. I think we are pretty much set on this one just barring the delivery issue. At the beginning when we were shopping for shipping quotes, we were adamant about having it hauled, however the price is over $3500 and the current quote of $2000 to haul is going into its 3rd week as the broker is trying to find someone willing to fill a load. That's the reason why we are now contemplating towing it as the broker found someone willing to tow for 1700 but we declined initially.
OCfamily is offline   Reply With Quote