View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post
.................snip.............

scrub, where did you find that reference to not using the jacks to change a tire in the manual?

I looked in ours and saw that they recommend using a bottle jack just behind the axle on the frame but could not find any reference to not using the leveler jacks.

Tim
This is really a two part answer, on page 11 step 4 the manual says "jack the tire off the ground. Trailer stabilizer jacks should be lowered for additionally safety."

On the jacks is a label that says "not for changing the tire" but then this is the same label that has you turning the jack screw counter clock wise to lower the jack and clock wise to raise it.

I haven't been able to determine a brand for the jacks or where I saw the 500# rating.

I carry a floor jack plus a couple of bottle jacks so for us when its our turn with the tires I'll just place the floor jack behind the wheel on the frame and then lower the stabilizer jacks before swapping out the tire.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote