View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 AM   #16
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmjr1 View Post
This is a big help. Thanks alot Bobby.
I read the thread which included your tire comparison. Has there been any feedback from the other TM owners about their tires.
All the feedback so far has been positive for the EURO sized tires, irregardless of brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmjr1 View Post
Also do you have an openion on Cooper vs Kumho, or Dee Stone bias ply?
That's the purpose of our little experiment with different brands and sizes: to see if we can come up with an informed opinion based on real world use on our trailers. This real world use will take several years to see how well the tires hold up.

In my professional dealings, I have had many customers come to us with problematic trailer tires, which a large percentage has been Goodyear marathons........but I also have to note that GY Marathons are going to be the tire on a larger percentage of trailers, so realistically I should see more of them. If you read these forums, you can see where others have had problems too. We are trying to determine just where the problem lies, if it is the brand, age, air pressure, weight, or a combination....that might be causing the problem.

I have not sold enough of the Euro tires (and the only ones I have are the Hankook brand) to offer a real world use professional summation...........yet. In the last year I have sold a few, and haven't adjusted any. However I wouldn't expect to adjust any tires that early in the game.

Unbiased feedback from the other Trailmanor owners (and me) is crucial for our experiment to have any validity. I can offer many opinions on tires that I sell and/or have experience with, but I am limited to just those tires. As others run different brands and sizing on their trailers, then report their feedback, we all should be able to develop a better picture on what is working the best, and then make an informed suggestion for what tires to buy.

All I can say right now, is it appears the Euro sized tires are performing well on the 14 inch wheel equipped trailers. All brands being experimented with, are doing what we hope they would do.

I hope to reach a point where others will be able to read this forum and see the results of our experimentation, then to confidently buy a tire based on it. We are getting there. I strongly believe that changing to the Load Range D Euro tires, using the heavy ply bias tires like Freedom is, or upgrading the 14 inch tires to a 15 inch tire with more load carrying capability, is a right step. Having more weight carrying capability/reserve cannot be a bad thing for trailers.