Thread: Bugs?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #9
drehak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SireMike View Post
Went to a military FAM RV camp a couple of weeks ago. The spot was concrete surrounded by grass. A previous rain storm had stirred up the gnats.

I mean thousands of gnats landing and hanging out on the exterior of the TM. I had replaced a couple of interior lights with amber bulbs but it did not really help. They were thick inside the TM around the front slide and rear bed for a couple of days. I only run one light above the front couch at night and the bugs were hanging around the light.

Another camper with a normal TT had quite a few inside their TT also. I do not think there is much anyone can do when your TM is inside a swarm of gnats.

The last couple of days were great as mostly the gnats were gone. The price you pay when you camp in Florida.

I did figure out my portable vacuum cleaner worked great for getting rid of the gnats hanging out on inside the TM.

Mike
I am very concerned about Florida camping and mosquitoes. Do you have mosquito problems during summer camping trips in you Trailmanor?