View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We have known for a long time that we wanted a TM. [Our] 2007 Grand Caravan only had a towing capacity of 1,800 pounds. So, I loaned myself, via my 401k, enough money to get this going. ... We bought a giant 99 GMC Suburban, drove it 480 miles to buy a 2007 Trailmanor camper we had never seen except in ads, and cruised them both another 300 miles to Gulf Shores for a couple of days. It was a totally epic way to get it all started. ... The TM has a few issues too. It needs new tires, and flooring as there seems to have been a pet in there at some point.
The floor's pet problem might be cured with a coat of sealing primer such as Kilz, followed by a coat of paint in the color of your choice. A rug or two would spiff it up, and make it easy to clean.

Quote:
In the future ... get rid of the propane systems as we never boondock, and get rid of the toilet while keeping the shower for the same reason.
Remember that these changes will have an enormous effect on the resale value of the trailer. The parts you are thinking of removing (toilet, especially) are very expensive to replace. If you really decide to go forward with these projects, my advice would be to save whatever you remove, and make the changes as reversible as possible.

Quote:
We also need to find a new way of securing the inside "flaps" as all the velcro is long gone from the walls.
This is a common problem, and there is a lot of discussion and a number of solutions here on the Forum.

Quote:
I am also going to custom build an entertainment center with a tv lift system to house and protect the television. It should really cement the living room feel.
Sounds like a truly epic project. Please let us know how you make out, with pictures, when it is done.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote