View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #7
Expanderoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Nice work and I can see how the wall curtain is held in place. I removed the metal towel bar that was on the lower part of the wall and covered the holes up. I added a PVC pipe to hold wash clothes just over the faucet, but ended up removing it. I went with a 3M command wash cloth rod instead.
I removed the overhead shower curtain bracket and went with just a standard shower curtain. Had a friend shorten it about 6" so I wasn't stepping on it. Again, using a pvc pipe as the shower rod. I drilled holes large enough to run a small cable thru and swedge it. Then stuck the smallest 3M command hook on the wall to hold it in place. You have some very good ideas for practical mods. Keep up the good work and postings.
My metal towel bar was all bent up like a pretzel -- at least the towel bar part (brackets were fine). I think I'll do the same as you although going to try going with out at first.

I'm trying to predict how we'll use it which is hard. Normally, I'd just go use it and then come back to it and tinker based on experience but we're going to go for at least a month long trip and I won't have access to the 3D printer (unless I bring it along and it's kind of balky plus printing is slow -- although mostly a walk away and leave it going kind of thing as long as power stays up).

But it's interesting to see what works for people. I'm thinking it'll be best to leave the printer at home but bring my computer and make designs for things that annoy us or we would like different and then print them later. I kind of like the cycle of design-print-test-revise but having to think more isn't a bad thing. I've also been lazy in some ways with 3D modeling -- well, more pragmatic. But a safer way to go is to basically model the thing(s) you're attaching the part to and then model the parts as separate components/things/objects in the same drawing. So you can visualize in the CAD program the fit and see if say one part would collide with another. But that requires skill so I guess this month will be increasing my CAD skills (except while actually vacationing -- long story but was able to get 6 weeks off between jobs so making the most of it but I do enjoy a bit of tinkering).