Thread: Door
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:13 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Wendy -

You say there is a gap between the upper half and lower half of the doors. Before you do anything else, try this. Mate the two halves, and close thte door almost all the way (but don't latch it). Now look at the seam where the two halves meet (bottom of the upper half, top of the lower half). Is the gap (if any) constant across the width of the doors? Now slowly swing the door open until it stands straight out from the body of the trailer. Did the gap change as the door swung outward?

If the gap changed as the door opened, then the wall of the lower shell is not quite straight up and down - not quite perpendicular to the floor. Fortunately, there is an easy fix, discovered and written up by Denny_A a couple years ago. It takes only about a minute (and a socket wrench) to put things right. Use the Search tool, plugging in Denny's name and the word "door" to find the discussion and his procedure for the fix. It works very well - I've done it.

I would not recommend a hook-and-eye to keep the doors together - I think it would pull out.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote