View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 03:41 PM   #37
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
All the panels do have a frame around the perimeter. There are not floor joists, wall studs, or roof beams though.

I do wonder though if the extra few pounds would be worth it to add a support beam or two into the roof sections.
Talking to TM factory they advise the "frame" on the perimeter is to serve as a nailer for things like the seam pillow and therefor are non-structural.

As for what's "worth it or not" depends on if you want to watch a sag creep into concave territory and have no choice but to get the shells replaced or try and stabilize the sag and prevent an all out super expensive, time consuming replacement. For me at least trying to add some strength to a roof that's been weakened by huge holes of heavy AC is well worth the couple of hundred dollars that if executed properly can give you a few more years of use. Everyone is differant with different skill sets and abilities. It would have been nice to have a TM kit to do this but there is not.

So unfortunately one is relegated to one of two options. DIY or factory replacement of both shells. Nothing wrong with the later if that is what is chosen but it's clear that you'd better be ready for a heafty cost on replacement vs. Stabilizing some sag.

BTW, there is a huge diff. Between "stabilizing" a sag and one that is too far gone that needs lifting from a concave position. My hunch is that if your sag is flat line or still to some degree convex there is a possibility to 'stabilize'. I should know more which way o decide to go in the weeks and months ahead. Either way I know whatever I do can only make things better not worse. I would bet that folks looking at my TM would say it's not that bad. And true it's not but there is a noticeable slight sag not unlike pics another member posted here. But I know doing nothing I will be dealing with far greater forces and sag as time goes on and much greater chance of needing a full replacement sooner rather than later. To each his own as they say or when you go to sleep you get nice dreams befor reality hits you when you wake up.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote