View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 12:27 PM   #35
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
My concern is because you open the structure to the elements; you compromise the original strength of a wall, floor or roof. My training was never to pierce the structure or shell if not required. I'm not saying I won't, but I will think two to three times before I do that, I also ask other experts just to make sure I'm not making a mistake. I try to see if there's another option. Not everyone preps or applies sealants correctly. Sealants/glues can and have failed, especially if applied incorrectly and for age.
Trailmanors to my knowledge don't have any structure... they are unibody construction from my understanding. So drilling small holes should not do anything to the structural integrity of the shell. Remember TM cuts 2' x 3 ' holes for ac and skylights. They also drill holes for the batwing antenna and brick mould for skylights and corner bracket that holds the shels together. As for glues they have improved tremendously. With dicor and roof tape to butyltape its now possible and easy to seal off just about anything. But sure just like the skulylight openings are a maintenance item that needs attention every 5 years or so... so too any additional hole put in the roof. I just don't see what the issue is except a potential underdesigned structural problem that is built into every 2720 that eventually starts to sag. Not doing anything is worse than a few holes that need a dab of new dicor every five years IMHO
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote