View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Jim&Joan

Default Question related to support arm...

The closest thread I could find is
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=8295

From this, I think I know the answer. This problaby falls into a call TM and ask Ed. Here is the issue and question...

Trailer is level and fully set up.
On the curb (door side) of my '04 2720SL, I noticed a lot of daylight from an inside view at the roof gasket extending from the corner several inches towards the center of the roof. This means that neither the inner or outer (upper or lower shell) gasket are making contact in this area.

I am able to push the rear shell up enough to make the gaskets seal. None of the other portions of the shell move up and down like this. I layed on the ground and pushed up and the whole support arm moves up and therefore there is "play" where the torsion bar comes thru the bracket under the trailer. It appears that where the support arm clamps to the torsion bar need to be adjusted, moving the support arm up and reclamping.

The above post makes it sound like this is possible and not a big deal. Seems if I block under the shell edge with blocks and jack, loosen the clamping, jack the shell up a bit to get a seal at the gaskets, and reclamp, I'd be okay.

Does this sound right? Does anyone know the torque value to reclamp the support arm?

Alternative thoughts -
This doesn't seem like a torsion adjustment, but perhaps more tension on the middle lower bars would help, but my observation suggests that it would still be too low.
Maybe there is too much torsion in the upper shell on this side, pulling it up off of the lower shell?