Thread: Bugs?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #20
Wingedryder

Default Bugs

Guess I'll have to tell my story here...
One of our very first campouts with the new TM in early June was at a lake in NE Colorado's prairie/farmland. Following dinner outside, and as night time arrived, we were engulfed by swarms of tiny Mayflies. We couldn't get inside quick enough! Shortly after settling in to play cards, my wife & I began noticing large black spots on the interior ceiling & walls. We had two of the up front small spot lights on, but didn't notice any flying around the lights nor dinette table we sat at. It had been warm that day, but cooled off at sunset. We quickly closed the two window we had barely open a crack, where upon closer observation I could see them freely entering thru the screens in masses!

Unable to draw them out the door, we closed the camper up tight, killed the lights, and went to bed. Bright & early, we closed up the TM and headed back home where we spent the entire rest of the day vacuuming up hundreds upon hundreds of dead & half-dead Mayflies inside. I also ended up scrubbing the roof forward of the bag seal & the seal itself of 'baked on' bodies! I vowed never to return to this campground, though pretty, however, not very full(?).

I understand Mayflies immerge from the water and breed at different times during the summer. I only knew there were fly fishing patterns simulating the little critters! - Just our less than pleasing experience with bugs & the TM.
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote