View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
BobRederick

Bill

Re rubber bumpers that the rear shell rests on: I am unable to picture or find what you describe the rear shell coming down against.

Rear shell: My rear shell comes down first. The rear end of the rear shell sits on the rear bumper. The front has no bumper that I can see. The shell appears to be sitting on the top of the lower shell all along the length as I see wear marks on the top of the lower shell. Also, the angle covers that are stapled on the lower shell are all loose from this bouncing contact.

Front shell: The front of the front shell sits on two rubber pads located on the tongue. The back of the front shell sits on the top of the rear shell. I find no rubber bumpers for the rear to sit on.

BTW, last summer, the Car Company in Colorado Springs did an outstanding job of adjusting my shells. They were really out of whack with the front one not contacting the bottom one. They also open super easy now and I have to stop them from going too far. Those guys know what they are doing, for sure.

I have a lot of places where the staples pull out of the aluminum. Staples really don't get a grip on aluminum and a better fastener is needed.... This is the quarter rounds, bathroom wall edging, all the edging around the top of the lower shell... All are coming loose. Several I have siliconed back on.

Anybody want to talk about the velcro on the flaps? Wow. Help is needed there. I know they had 3M working on it 3M from discussions last summer, but I haven't heard of any progress. I am really in need of a fix for this and posts have been made on a "super Velcro" that I need to look into. My understanding is that even that is marginal.

My floor has big bubbles from the door to the refrig with another bubble outside the bathroom. The doorway one bubbled one day the door was open while I worked on it or loaded it and the sun shone on the floor. No bubble before, bubble after. The bubble is between the aluminum layer and the wood layer. I would like to know how to repair this.

I also have outside delamination along the bottom of the front lower shell. The lamination process is one of the features described with pride in the TM literature.

My tires are rated for 7400# where I weighed 3900# loaded last summer, so I have ample tire and brake ratings (double axle on the 3326).

I do like my TM a lot and now that I am retired, I hope to fix these annoying issues.

Be aware that "If it doesn't need something fixed, it isn't an RV" seems to be the going bywords.