View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jim -

If the refrig has never worked on 12 volts, how did you manage to avoid getting a warranty repair on it? (Three years, I think.) And to live with it for 4 years after that? The 12 volt heater in the refrigerator is about the simplest mechanism in the entire trailer. Bring it by, and I'll fix it for you! You do realize, I think, that there is a separate fuse behind the refrig ... Maybe it is as simple as that.

With regard to some of the other items, though, I agree with you. I have vented about the tires on more than one occasion, though I am satisfied with the axle. And sadly, I am glad the elegant lights are gone. They sure looked nice in the photos, didn't they?

By the way, I am under the impression that if the corner latches won't stay latched, it is because the shells are bouncing as you travel. And if the shells bounce, it is because the MAIN latches aren't tight enough. To see this, lower the rear shell and latch it. Then go to the front of the rear shell, and look at the edge. Right at the front end, you will see a rubber bumper. (Sorry, it would be easier to visualize with a sketch or photo.) With the shell latched, that rubber bumper should be down firmly against the top of the lower wall. If there is a gap, the shell will bounce, and when it bounces, the corner latches will release. Adjusting the main latches is a maintenance item, not a design defect.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote