View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Freedom

Though we really like our TM, I have to agree with you on most of your "disadvantages". I would add to them, that for the price of a TM, everything should be top-of-the line, which it isn't. That's why we bought a used unit. Things like the Mickey Mouse wall paper, those cheap-junk "fancy" lights in the front, (the newer ones didn't have them) the refrigerator that never works on 12V (our previous trailer's refrigerator worked so well on 12 V that it would freeze everything if you left it on too long.) and especially, as you state, the marginal axle and tires. IMHO the price tag is way out of line with what you get. I understand the folding properties add to the cost, but the fake wood on the inside doesn't make for quality. The corner latches are ridiculous since they rarely stay latched even though I modified them to pull tighter. I'm still trying to find something that is more suitable - maybe something like rubber hood hold-downs. We will keep our TM simply because, for us, it meets the needs and we don't want to go back to canvas sides or a regular travel trailer. In all fairness, I should make it perfectly clear that our trailer is a 2000 model and maybe some of the things have been improved . . . I didn't mean to "vent" about this, but your post really brought up all my feelings about the subject.