View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
kwstaton

Thanks so much for your answers and help - you are very easy to understand which helps so much for someone who is new to all of this.

My car was pre-wired with a 7 pin connector, although I've never used it before towing the Trailmanor.

I will check with Uhaul tomorrow to see if they did install the adapter. It took them over two hours to find the harness wire under the dash, so I think they'll remember working on my car.

One question I have, that is probably very basic for all of you, is that if the TM plug was inserted in the wrong alignment, could that have caused my problem? I'm asking because the plug looks like it got dragged on the ground at some point - not enough to damage the internal plug and the rubber is intact around the wiring, but the surface is ragged. The previous owner made a mark on the plug and he told me that the mark should always be at the 12 o'clock position. This was how he plugged it in when I picked up the trailer, but I don't know if that's how it was replugged in after the shop disconnected the brake controller. Is it possible that his marking doesn't match the connector on my car? If so, how do I check different rotations to find the one that is correct?

Thanks again for your time and for sharing your knowledge.
kwstaton is offline   Reply With Quote