View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Maria,

I was looking at the other posts, and I ran across another post by you regarding some Elkmont questions. If I were you, I would opt for a 2012 model rather than the old Elkmont at the NC dealer. By now, I would say that TrailManor has worked out any of the bugs associated with a new unit. Plus you do not have a trade in, and you are in the drivers seat for prices. The economy isn't great, and dealers are eager to sell. Just lok at wwwRVtrader.com site and put in TrailManor, and you will find some really great prices on Elmonts all over the USA. I am sure you can get a great price on ordering a new 2012. There are 2011 model Elkmonts loaded going for $23 to 24,000.00.

Yes, you can empty the holding tanks directly at your camp site if you have sewer hookup. The holding tanks will last quite a while before you have to empty them. Also, just look on the tow rating section of the TrailManor site for your specs for your Tacoma truck.

I don't know if you realize that they are making a side dinette in the Elkmont 24. It's just like the one in the Elkmont 26 and also in the Elkmont 24 bunkhouse model. If I were ordering a 24 model, I would opt for the side dinette. It makes into a bed real easily,and you can leave your sofa bed as is. If you decide, you can make up the sofa into a bed.

We ordered material directly from the factory to have slip covers made for the side dinette & couch. The price was very reasonable. Keith arranged this for me.

If I were you, I would call the factory, and ask to talk to Keith Hulsey. Tell them that Bob Strong told you to call since you want to buy an Elkmont, but had some concerns and questions. He will be very helpful. We have known Keith since 1992 when he used to go to the RV shows. He will not give you any sales B.S. He was the guy that got all of the changes done for us when we ordered the Elkmont 26. I must have talked to him 4 different times with questions before we ordered. He might be in a meeting or busy, but he will get back to you. If not, just try calling again since he is a busy guy.