View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 01:31 PM   #1
Idaho Adventurer

Default Toilet Additives

Last fall we made the plunge and bought a 2006 Trailmanor, and thanks to this forum and info on YouTube, we have been able to make a lot of improvements and repair to it through the winter months. Just last week we got back from our maiden voyage trip with it to Yellowstone. We love it, and everything worked well except for one thing: The toilet stinks!

It has the standard recirculating toilet, and this is new to me. Before our trip, I did enough research to realize that no one seems to make an additive with formaldehyde in it, which seems to be the secret ingredient to recirculating toilets. With not knowing what else to try, I decided get and use Aqua Max. Thank goodness I had our portable dump tank with us, because after two day of only going #1 with a family of 5, the smell was unbearable.

In the past, with our old travel trailer black tank, I used "Happy Campers" with great success. Would that work in a recirculating toilet? Or is that not enough? With everything now being "formaldehyde free" what are you all using with success?

Thanks for your great wealth of experience and knowledge. -Kyle
Idaho Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote