Thread: Tpms
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #29
Wingedryder

Default Tpms

Recently pur'd a TPMS (Tire Pressure/temp Monitor System) for my TV & TM. Seems the mfr. highly recommends hot wiring a provided 12v, weather-resistant, small 'signal booster' on either RVs or TV/trailer combos (esp if TV has lots of wired or wireless electronics, which my new TV has) and/or the vehicle is longer than just a 4-wheel vehicle.

Wondered if anyone else has installed a 'signal booster' with their TPMS on their TM. Instructions suggest some possible mounting areas as 1) rear of TV near license plate/back bumper area, or 2) somewhere on the front frame/body of the trailer.

I don't relish making any holes in my new TV, and prefer the idea of mounting the booster on the TM front frame just back of the tongue area, for instance. Apparently, it draws a constant 0.24 amps., which may be scant, but I'm wondering if an in-line fuse would allow me to power up only when the fuse were inserted, when the TM is in use. However, I don't want to have to re-program the monitor to recognize the sensors each time the signal booster were to receive power from the TM battery either. Thoughts?
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote