View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I think Rumbeleweed is giving you a conservative estimate. My wife and I, admittedly TM long-timers, can set up in less than 10 minutes, from pulling into our campsite to enjoying a martini. This generally includes levelling, if the site is nearly level to start with. Of course if the site is severely non-level, it takes longer, but that is the same as any other trailer.

Once levelled, the first step is to raise the shells and pull out the bed (or bed and slider in an SL model). This takes maybe 2 minutes. If you have an upright camper, you don't have to do this, so you save two minutes.

The next part of setup includes connecting the utilities - the electric cable, water hose, sewer hose, and cable TV if available at the campsite. Of course, any camper or RV, whether collapsible or not, has to spend the same amount of time for this. So, no advantage or disadvantage to the TM.

At the same time, the interior of the TM has to be set up. This involves lifting the bathroom walls, lifting the wardrobe into place, and making my martini. In my case, my wife does these things while I am hooking up the utilities. Love that lady!

So for us, the difference in setup time is about 2 minutes. YMMV, of course. But this should not be the reason to buy, or not buy, a TM.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote